Jefferson hosts a wide variety of programs aimed at increasing opportunities in the Westside community in Eureka. Programs range in age from youth to seniors, and range in focus from education to work training to recreation. Programs are constantly growing and changing, so for an up-to-date list of what's happening, please see our calendar page.
Current programs at Jefferson:
- Bicycle Kitchen- The Bike Kitchen provides bicycles and bicycle knowledge to our community.
- California Community Reinvestment Grant (CalCRG)- Using money from legal marijuana to reinvest in communities through job placement, substance use and mental health treatment, and linkages to healthcare.
- English Express- English classes as well as connecting participants to local services in Humboldt County.
- Family Resource Center (FRC)- Improving child, family, and community health through support and family strengthening.
- Free Dinner for Kids- Providing a free meal to anybody under the age of 18, Monday through Thursday.
- Free Saturday Produce Stand- Providing free produce to the community every Saturday morning.
- Humboldt Queer Dojo- Providing a safe space for members of the LGBTQ+ community to come together and learn self-defense.
- Jefferson Teen Program (JTAP)- After school program for teens in the Westside community, ages 12-16.
- Mental Health Support Group- Community support for people experiencing mental health issues.
- MotherWoman Support Group- Community support for women with children.
- Paso a Paso- Classes, workshops and trainings for parents, caregivers, and teens in the Latinx community.
- Saturday 0-5 Playgroup- Parents encouraged to bring kids to playgroup and to spend time with other children, families and connection to childrens help specialist.
- SEEDS Youth After School Program- After school program for kids in the Westside community, ages 6-11.